ADAPTIR™ Platform Overview
Our development focus centers around our proprietary ADAPTIR platform, a novel approach for the generation of immunotherapeutics.
The highly versatile ADAPTIR platform holds great promise for product candidate generation, target validation, and clinical development.
We are applying ADAPTIR technology to develop immuno-oncology candidates that focus on redirected T-cell cytotoxicity (RTCC). ADAPTIR technology is modular and can be used to generate immunotherapeutics with unique mechanisms of action including targeted cytokine delivery, targeting two cell surface receptors or neutralization of multiple soluble proteins.
ADAPTIR redirected T-cell candidates hold distinct advantages over other immunotherapeutic and bispecific T-cell technologies.
In pre-clinical studies, ADAPTIR candidates have been shown to possess superior properties:
- High potency; ADAPTIR bispecific proteins induce target-dependent cytotoxicity at low concentrations
- Extended serum half-life that enables less frequent administration
- Reliable antibody-like manufacturing processes
The ADAPTIR platform offers a great opportunity for use in combination with other immunotherapeutics and can also be configured to produce other types of multispecifics.
Modular and Differentiated
- The immunoglobulin core is fundamental to our technology. This immunoglobulin framework allows for improved product stability and extended half-life.
- ADAPTIR technology is a modular format that enables building drug candidates with specific and unique functions desired for an individual product.
- ADAPTIR molecules utilize the hinge-Fc of a typical antibody framework. The ADAPTIR molecules do not require engineering of the Fc domain to form the protein. Fewer mutations reduce the risk of immunogenicity and improve the stability of the ADAPTIR molecules.
- Binding domains can be engineered from human immunoglobulin VH domains, scFv, VHH, nanobodies, etc. No common light chain, chain switching, or additional mutations required.
- ADAPTIR monospecific and bispecific molecules require the expression of a single peptide chain, simplifying the development of production cell lines.
Similar Properties to Antibodies
- ADAPTIR molecules can be manufactured using antibody-like processes at commercial scales.
- ADAPTIR molecules have serum half-lives similar to antibodies and longer than other bispecific platforms that lack an immunoglobulin core.
- ADAPTIR molecules can bind to up to four targets and are comparable in size to a monoclonal antibody.
Novel Activity, Therapeutic Opportunities
- ADAPTIR molecules can be designed to produce different modes of action, including redirected T-cell mediated cytotoxicity, signal blockade of multiple receptors, and targeting of multiple tumor targets for destruction or delivery of engineered cytokines to key components of the immune system.
- In preclinical studies, ADAPTIR bispecific molecules have demonstrated comparable or greater potency to other bispecific antibody formats at redirecting T-cell cytotoxicity, while triggering notably reduced levels of cytokine release.